San Antonio Service Center
In December 2021 Refugee Services of Texas was honored to join the welcoming San Antonio community when we opened this new site. RST San Antonio is affiliated with Church World Service to provide initial resettlement services and ongoing support to refugees, asylees, and other displaced persons.
RST San Antonio offers programs to assist refugees and other populations with basic needs and services during their initial resettlement to the U.S. Refugee clients are also provided with case management and financial assistance while they work to meet the challenges of transitioning to the local community. Visit our About Us page to learn more!
- Resettlement Services
- Job Readiness Training and Placement
- Social Adjustment Services
- Refugee Cash Assistance
- Medical Case Management
- Family Reunification Programs (including Central American Minor Refugee Program Application (CAM-AOR)).
Volunteer with Us
Our Top 5 Volunteer Opportunities
- Mentorship: Be a first friend, cultural guide, and mentor to refugee individuals or families, by donating your time to visit a museum, a park or just enjoy some lovely food! This is a great opportunity to involve your friends and family members!
- Transportation: Assist families and individuals with getting to and navigating important medical appointments, job interviews, and more!
- Case Management Assistant: Work alongside our case managers to help with paperwork and other tasks to keep our office running!
- Apartment Setups: Shop for supplies and make an apartment a new home for an arriving refugee family!
- Airport Pickups: Welcome a new family at the airport and provide them with a warm meal on their first day in San Antonio!
Interested in giving in-kind donations to our San Antonio office that go directly to the families we serve? Check out the list below for the most needed items for newly arrived families!
- Gift cards (Visa, HEB, United, and Walmart)
- Laptops/ Computers (working, with all parts! RST cannot accept monitors by themselves)
- TVs (must be working with all cords!)
- Baby/ Children’s items (pack n plays, high chairs, strollers, car seats [can’t be expired], lightly used toys, children’s books, baby clothing)
- Baby formula (not expired)
- Diapers and wipes- all sizes!
- Bikes and helmets (must have good tires!), bike locks
- NEW blankets and sheets
- NEW clothing
- Rugs (not dirty or heavily worn)
- Furniture donations (MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate delivery to client)
Donations NOT accepted:
- Used clothing
- Used Shoes
- Seasonal Items- Xmas trees, holiday decor
Donations are accepted Monday- Thursday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm and before noon on Fridays
For all monetary donation inquiries, please contact RST San Antonio's Area Director Julie at email@example.com.
|25||26||27||28||29||Sep 30||Oct 1|
12:00 pm San Antonio Volunteer Orientation
12:00 pm Volunteer Appreciation Lunch
9:00 am Austin Donation Drive!
|30||Oct 31||Nov 1||2||3||4||5|