Fort Worth Service Center
The RST Fort Worth office was founded in 1996 and is affiliated with Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service. Since its inception, RST Fort Worth has provided resettlement services to more than 2,500 refugees, asylees, and other displaced persons. The Fort Worth Service Center has recently moved its operations to la Gran Plaza in south Fort Worth.
RST Fort Worth offers programs to assist refugees and other populations with basic needs and services during their initial resettlement to the U.S. Refugee clients are also provided with case management and financial assistance while they work to meet the challenges of transitioning to the local community. FW now offers counseling and group psycho-social therapy through a partnership with MHMR Refugee Services Program. Visit our About Us page to learn more!
- Resettlement Services
- Job Readiness Training and Placement
- English Language Program
- Social Adjustment Services
- Refugee Cash Assistance
- Medical Case Management
- Central American Minor Refugee Program Application (CAM-AOR)
- Survivors of Trafficking Empowerment Program (STEP)/VOCA
Volunteer with Us
Volunteer with RST Fort Worth to serve refugees, asylees, and survivors of trafficking in your community!
Please contact our Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can currently serve our clients in the community!
Our TOP 3 opportunities:
Apartment Setups: Make an apartment a new home for an arriving refugee family!
Airport Pickups: Welcome a new family at the airport and provide them with a warm meal on their first day in Fort Worth!
Mentorship: Be a first friend, cultural guide, and mentor to families and individuals, by donating your time to introduce them to new experiences within their new community in the United States!
Volunteer Orientation & Trainings are held once a month- see our full volunteer calendar and sign up HERE!
Interested in giving in-kind donations to our Fort Worth office that go directly to the families we serve?! Check out the list below for the most needed items for newly arrived families or visit our Amazon Wishlist to view and donate items for newly arrived families!
- Gift cards (HEB, Walmart, Visa, Hotels)
- Sewing Machines
- Rugs (new)
- Food donations (flour, cooking oil, maseca)
- Laptops/ Computers (working, with all parts! RST does not accept monitors by themselves)
- TVs (must be working with all cords!)
- Baby/ Children’s items (pack n plays, high chairs, strollers, car seats [can’t be expired], lightly used toys, children’s books)
- Baby formula (not expired)
- Diapers and wipes - all sizes!
- Bikes and helmets (must have good tires!), bike locks
- Furniture donations (MUST email Community Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com to coordinate delivery with client)
Donations NOT accepted:
For any questions or additional information, please email our Fort Worth Community Engagement Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
|26||27||28||29||30||Mar 31||Apr 1|
12:00 pm San Antonio Volunteer Orientation
11:00 am Women's Sewing Class
12:00 pm Houston Volunteer Orientation
11:00 am Women's Sewing Class
3:00 pm Houston Volunteer Orientation
|Apr 30||May 1||2||3||4||5||6|