Amarillo Service Center
RST Amarillo is affiliated with Church World Service and Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service to provide initial resettlement services and on-going support to refugees, asylees, and other displaced persons. Many of the refugees resettling in Amarillo today are reuniting with family members already living in the area.
RST Amarillo provides refugees with basic needs and services during their initial resettlement period. Visit our About Us page to learn more!
- Resettlement Services
- Social Adjustment Services
- Job readiness training and placement
- Central American Minor Refugee Program Application (CAM-AOR)
Volunteer with Us
Volunteer with RST Amarillo to serve refugees, asylees and survivors of trafficking in your community!
Please email the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can currently serve our clients in the community!
Our top 4 Volunteer opportunities include:
- Apartment Setups: Make an apartment a new home for an arriving refugee family!
- Airport Pickups: Welcome a new family at the airport and provide them with a warm meal on their first day in Amarillo!
- Case Management Assistant: Work alongside our case managers to help with paperwork and other tasks to keep our office running!
- Job-Readiness: Help our clients prepare for job interviews by hosting mock interviews, assisting with resume writing, and applying for jobs online.
Volunteer Orientation & trainings are held twice a month- see our full volunteer calendar and sign up HERE!
Interested in giving in-kind donations to our Amarillo office that go directly to the families we serve? Check out the list below for the most needed items for newly arrived families or visit our Amazon Wishlist!
- Gift cards (Walmart preferred)
- Household items (not furniture) for apartment set up
- Laptops/ Computers (working, with all parts! RST does not accept monitors by themselves)
- TVs (must be working with all cords!)
- Baby/ Children’s items (pack n plays, high chairs, strollers, car seats [can’t be expired], lightly used toys, children’s books, baby clothing)
- Baby formula (not expired)
- Diapers and wipes–all sizes!
- Bikes and helmets (must have good tires!), bike locks
- NEW blankets and sheets
- NEW underwear and socks–all sizes
- Rugs (not dirty or heavily worn)
- Furniture donations (MUST email Community Engagement Coordinator email@example.com to coordinate a donation drop-off)
Donations NOT accepted:
- Used clothing
- Used Shoes
- Seasonal Items- Xmas trees, holiday decor
Donations are accepted Monday- Thursday 8:30-4:30 and before noon on Fridays.